Established at the University of Michigan Health System and based in the Department of Neurology, the Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center (MADC) aims to
- Conduct and support research on Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders;
- Promote state-of-the-art care and wellness for individuals and families affected by memory loss;
- Increase dementia awareness through collaborative education and outreach efforts.
Our Center goals are guided by an Internal Advisory Board and a Community Advisory Board. To reach our goals, we
- Support recruitment for memory and aging research. If you wish to learn more, visit our Research page.
- Connect interested volunteers to research opportunities. If you wish to learn more, visit our Join a Study page.
- Provide programs focusing on whole-body health and well-being through our Wellness Initiative. If you wish to learn more, visit our Live Well page.
- Collaborate with three local chapters of the Alzheimer’s Association to enhance our community outreach through education programs. If you wish to learn more, visit our Education page.