We are pleased to announce the launch of Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center’s Isadore & Margaret Mezey Junior Investigator Conference Award competition. Applications are being accepted until April 29 at 5 p.m.
We are committed to promoting the advancement of dementia research skills through the provision of training resources. This award will pay up to $1,500 for expenses associated with participation in one national or international conference focusing on the latest discoveries in neurodegenerative research and clinical practices. Applicants must be junior investigators (graduate students, post docs, fellows, assistant professors) from the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, or Wayne State University who have a keen interest in advancing their careers in the dementia field. Awardees will use the award by December 2022 to present a poster or talk at an annual meeting associated with major brain-related associations or societies. Up to two awards will be determined by a review committee.
An abstract, biosketch in NIH format, and career summary explaining how the Mezey Award would advance your career development and goals as related to neurological diseases are due April 29, 2022 by 5 p.m. Applications should be submitted through the University of Michigan Medical School Office of Research’s Competition Space portal.
1. Please submit an abstract, limited to 200 words, not including title, topic area, author, author affiliation, conference name/location, poster or talk information. Use Arial font 11, 1/2 inch margins.
The abstract should include the following information:
- Abstract title
- Topic area
- Author academic title and affiliation (division/department/institution)
- Contact information (phone/email)
- Full conference name/location/dates
- Indicate if you will present a poster or talk
2. Please submit a career summary (up to one page) describing how the Mezey Award will advance your career development and career goals related to neurological diseases. Use Arial font 11, 1/2 inch margins.
3. Please submit a biosketch (NIH-format) – https://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms/biosketch.htm.
Please submit abstract, career summary, and biosketch combined into one PDF and labeled with your lastname_ firstname_institution (UM, MSU, WSU).
For more information and to apply, please visit the U-M Competition Space here.